Saturday, January 24, 2009

Showered with so much love

Well, we are all now set and the baby's room is 95% ready to go (yes, I promise I will post pictures soon!) But I must give a special thanks to all our friends and family that came to celebrate with us and showered us with gifts. I have everything unpacked, clothes washed and put away. By the way...the amount of tags, clips, and other security devices put on all baby clothes and toys is amazing! I swear we will be cleaning up little plastic strips forever.

The first shower was hosted by Karlyn, Tori, Destre, and Katie. It was a fabulous time, with great food (thanks again for the black seedless grapes!!), and amazing company. Seriously, I have the best girls ever!! I noticed a few things during the introduction of everyone. One, I was definitely in the minority. Only 3 of my friends have had kids and there were two with one the way. A lot of the advice was, "well, I don't have kids, but ready when you are for a girls night". Oh trust me ladies, I will definitely be taking you up on that!! But the other thing I noticed was how long I have known most of my friends. Some date back to kindergarten, middle school, high school, college, and just after. I really do have the most amazing girlfriends!! So thank you!

The second shower was hosted by my Mom, with help from Diane, Marcie, and Chris. Again, it was great to see family and friends and have everyone there to celebrate. And it is always a pleasure to get my mom's gang of friends together. Most of them have known me since I was either born or very little sitting in meetings with my Mom. So its been quite the adventure for them as well. And since most at this shower are mom's themselves, I definitely took in all the advice. And I also must say that the tear jerker awards go to Tori and my Aunt Francene! :)

Again, thanks to everyone for all your love and support!!!

No comments: