Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Ma, There's Nothing To Do In Here


So I just saw the cutest book called, "Ma There's Nothing To Do In Here." And I imagine that the Gappster is yelling that out every day. So as I wonder what the heck is going on, I have come to two conclusions. One, he is using my bladder as a punching bag. Getting ready to flex those guns with Daddy. And two, he is finding his love for music just like Mom and practicing his Riverdance. Not that I can dance...aside from the classic running man or roger rabbit... nor do I consider myself Lord of the Dance, but I'm pretty sure that's what he is thinking. And so, maybe it is the combination of the two. Here he is, dancing to the theme of Rocky with his boxing gloves on but with his legs flying around like Michael Flatley.

Some other realizations I have come up with the last couple of weeks: One, I have surpassed the use of a napkin and graduated to a bid. Seriously, I now place the napkin on my belly after noticing that when it is on my lap, it doesn't do a darn thing! Luckily we are not the classy type and I am not dining at the Brown Palace any time soon.

Two, tights and panty hose are horrible inventions for pregnant women. And trust me, no one looks as classy as the picture to the left. I post this to give a visual, but cringe at it because there's no way I can pull off that or those heels! I am to the point where putting on socks or anything that requires two hands is quite the task. However, putting on tights...that's a HUGE project that takes at least 15 minutes. I would like to say no to the tights, but seeing how it is not only freezing outside, but I think the world would appreciate to not see my pastey-white-vericose-vein-legs! So yes, I am doing us all a favor. And I suppose you could say that I am getting my work out in for the day when putting them on.


And three, charlie horses are the worst!! Here I am, sleeping peacefully (until the next hourly bathroom break), and BAM, POW, SMACK (which ever sound you prefer) - my calf, lower calf, or arch in my foot are now curled up and unable to move! Talk about a rude awakening.

But I guess this just all prepares me for motherhood, right?? Getting food all over myself, simple tasks taking much longer, and BAM - the rude awakening and lack of sleep I have heard so much about. 65 days and counting...

No comments: