Thursday, August 19, 2010

A Bushel and a Peck

 
I love you a bushel and peck
A bushel and peck and a hug around the neck
A hug around the neck and a barrel and a heap
A barrel and a heap and I'm talking in my sleep
About you, about you

My mum would sing this little song to us when we were little.  She taught it to me when Ty was just a week or so old because I couldn't think of a song to sing to him.  Not only is it good to know something other than Twinkle Little Star, but he loves!!

What made me think about it even more today, is we now have a word for Grandma.   Nana!  This little stubborn boy will say just about any word we ask him to...except for Grandma.  And more times than not, his version of Grandma was: Butt.  

So we are pretty excited that its not going to be Bapa & Butt, and will now be Bapa & Nana!! 


No comments: