Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Eat, Sleep, and "Play"


We're gaining weight here!! Ok, Tyson is. Mom has been quickly dropping a few pounds and is quite pleased that she doesn't outweigh Ryan anymore (but still has a way to go - we all saw that Ginormous belly). Ty on the other hand is a fat happy baby. He gained almost a whole pound from his first appointment after dropping some from his birth weight and the Dr said he is doing great. Go team Gapp!!

We are really getting into a routine now, which consists of sleeping, eating, and "playtime". You might ask... "what can a 2 week old baby do for playtime?" Well we try to vary it up with reading, talking, tummy time (to get those neck muscles strong), the swing, or bouncer. I would say that 95% of it leads to nap time...but at least we try. My favorite is sing-a-long time (however, I do know that I cannot carry a tune and have even been booed off a karaoke stage before...yeah, I know, I was a total white girl trying to rap "Bust a Move", but I was still booed and risked breaking glass. Good thing Ty doesn't know any different. He thinks his Mama sounds like an angel!)



I haven't jumped on the nursery songs bandwagon just yet, mostly because I am just so hip and cool! HA...we all know that is a lie...it's more that I am just stubborn and love my kind of music. But don't you worry, I keep it totally appropriate and only listen to my Westside Connection on my own time. Some of our songs are probably meant to be romantic "love jams", but when you change it up and think about our little bundle of joy and life as it is now - it is perfect. So here's a few of our favorite songs:

Garth Brooks - Wrapped Up In You
Quincy Coleman - Bridge Over Troubled Waters
Madness - It Must Be Love
Mariah Carey - Always Be My Baby
Chicago - Just You and Me
Brett Dennen - The One Who Loves You the Most
Ben E King - Stand By Me
UB40 - Baby I lOve Your Way
Bryan Adams - Everything I Do
Hall & Oats - You Make My Dream Come True

And Ty's favorite right now:
Sarah McLachlan's version of "Rainbow Connection" (now playing)


2 comments:

Amy's Avenue Blog! said...

Kathy he is so beautiful! And i really like that polka-dot blanket!

Trevor B. said...

Awww! That last pic is just TOO cute! :)