Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Introducing Kacy Rae


Kacy Rae
Born October 1st, 2013
3:09pm
7 pounds, 10 ounces
20 inches long


It is hard to believe that it has already been 5 weeks since we welcomed miss Kacy into the world.  She is absolutely perfect and we are so in love.  

Already, she is a little planner just like her Mama as seen by waiting for the induction date of October 1st.  I was prepared for anything...just like with Tyson.  I was ready to even go into labor in front of a class of teenagers and had them all convinced that they needed to give me chocolate and back rubs to calm down contractions.  

The induction was scheduled for week 39 since she was measuring quite large...however, as you can tell with the 7 lbs, 10 oz, she definitely was not the 10 pounder everyone was nervous for.  Realistically, I believe that it was someone's way of making sure that I wasn't at school for the busiest week of the year - Homecoming. Especially with me as the Student Government teacher, it would have been a tiring and exhausting week for anyone, let alone someone ready to pop.  (Ugh...I hate that term but truly explains just how I looked.)  See:

So here we are arriving at the hospital at 6am.  All ready to go.  

Everything went pretty smooth.  I got all hooked up to the pitocin by about 8:30am and my Doc broke my water just after.  I was quite pleased with myself to know that the contractions that I had been feeling for many weeks were measuring to be pretty legit and way more than just a braxton hicks.  Not that I get a special medal or anything, but somehow made it all feel better.  I wanted the contractions to get pretty strong and steady before getting that magical epidural and as I waited through them, I blasted Metallica, AC/DC, Nirvana, and any other hard core song I had on my iPod to handle the pain.  With headphones of course.  Didn't want to scare off all the babies on the floor.

I finally got the epidural at 12:30pm which lowered my blood pressure to an almost scary level.  But the good part was I was able to just zone out while they kept cranking up the pitocin dosage.  Finally about 2:45pm they checked me and I was a 10.  Dr came in at 2:50pm and she was born at 3:09pm.  Pretty "easy" delivery, if there is such a thing.  I will always remember that I smiled over at Ryan at one point and he smiled back knowing just what I was listening to on my headphones.  AC/DC Hells Bells...the ultimate Get Yo Game Face On song.  The Doc and nurses laughed at my song choices, but let's be honest, playing relaxing music just doesn't cut it.  There is nothing relaxing about giving birth.  It is the ultimate work out.  The biggest push of your life.  So seriously...Get Yo Game Face On!!!

Once Kacy Rae was handed to me...life was perfect.  I looked at Ryan, the most supportive and loving husband anyone could as for.  I cried.  He cried.  I looked at my Mom who has been my rock for my entire life.  I cried even more.  She cried.  It was a full circle.  I now have a daughter to love just as my mom has loved me.  And she was perfect. Absolutely perfect. 

And check out all that hair!!! The doc asked if I had heartburn and I said I practically lived on tums. 


My Dad, Ryan's Mom, and by far the happiest 4 year old in the world all came in shortly after.  Tyson is head over heels about his baby sister and even still at week 5 his love for her continues to grow just as much as ours does.  

Siblings and cousins came to see her too and we went home the next day.  Ever since...life has been pretty good!!





No comments: