Saturday, July 16, 2011

The Big Screen


Last night, Ryan and I took Ty to his first movie....Winnie the Pooh.  It was great to see how excited he was as each preview would start and he would ask, "Where is Pooh?  Where is he?"   He did great during the movie.  Asking a lot of questions and very concerned during the scary parts, but it was pretty cute. It was especially perfect in the fact that the movie was only 1 hour and 3 minutes.  I don't think we could have lasted much longer.  But with popcorn and gummybears in hand, it was a fantastic time.  

It was good too for me to see one of my favorites.  I grew up watching Pooh, and it is just as special seeing it as an adult.  And I loved that they kept this one classic and still showed the words and paragraph of the story.  

And I know really pay attention to the personality traits of each character.  Owl is the brains, Rabbit has all the ideas and is a little bossy, Piglet will do absolutely anything asked,  Eeyore is forgetful and sad, Kanga is caring and the mother of them all, and Pooh....is just Pooh.  Simple, sweet, and a silly ol bear!   And when it comes down to it....they are all there for each other.  What a great message and memory for all of us, as we all have these characters in our lives.  

Today Ty keeps saying, "I saw movie.  On the BIG screen."  When we ask who was in the movie, he says, "Me!!  And Christopher Robin."  Pretty darn cute I must say! 

No comments: